home

Our Foundation

Our Congregation was founded 1854 in Germany. The Franciscan Sisters of Dillingen, the oldest Franciscan convent in Germany, sent sisters to the small village of Oggelsbeuren to start a school for young girls and young women. In 1860 the convent moved to Siessen. From there the Congregation spread widely. In 1932 Sisters were also sent to South Africa.

To know more about our Franciscan history in South Africa, click here

To know about our southafrican flag, click here

To know how we see South Africa as rainbownation, click here